Feature-length gameplay videos and new character trailers give fans a deeper look into the bombastic cinematic adventure led by a lovable cast of underdogs.
Today at the Gearbox Showcase at PAX West, 2K and Gearbox Software gave the first look at extended gameplay. A new story from Borderlandsis a standalone, choice-based, interactive narrative adventure set in the Borderlands universe. An exciting character trailer has also been released, giving players a deeper glimpse into his three lovable losers that they will control throughout their adventure.
A new story from Borderlands Developed by Gearbox Software, which partnered with key alumni from the original Telltale Games narrative team to create an all-new story. This spiritual successor continues its bold sense of adventure and storytelling with a stand-alone story full of heartwarming emotions, a new cast and classic Borderlands humor.
See gameplay details
In newly released gameplay footage, fans will be led through a deep and raucous cinematic adventure as the ruthless corporations of the Borderlands, powerful space-altering Vault technology, and three civilians collide. You can taste it for the first time. Highlights include:
- Every choice matters. Every choice you make can affect how the story unfolds, often in unexpected ways.Only by playing the game can you see how your decisions will change Borderlands. I fully understand what you can do.
- Effects of Quick Time events. QTE success or failure has a tangible impact on your adventure. Sometimes it leads to premature conclusions and sometimes shapes the story in unexpected ways.
- Immersive visuals. In addition to the wonderful surroundings, A new story from Borderlands For the first time in a Borderlands title, it utilizes performance capture and facial mapping technology to take advantage of significantly improved movement and facial animations.
three lovable losers
For those who want to know more about the main character A new story from Borderlandsthe altruistic scientist Anu, her ambitious and “streetwise” brother Octavio, and the ferocious, frog-wielding Fran!
- Anuradha Dar: Anuradha (Anu) may be uncomfortable socially, but she has no problem solving problems. Anu can see complex calculus and probability, and solve puzzles with her Tech Glasses. It dreams of a world where you don’t have to kill anyone to succeed.
- Octavio Wallace Dahl: Anu’s adopted son, Octavio, may be too full of himself. According to him, he is Meridian City’s most popular citizen and has a long list of contacts to back it up. His ability to access information is unmatched! Octavio’s big break yet Not coming, but he desperately wants to own a business and make a lot of cash.
- Fran Miskowitz: Fran brings all the action from his gadget-filled hoverchair. Fran’s Froglt her shop has been attacked with Maliwan lasers and is moving towards revenge on those who destroyed her shop. If she does nothing to protect her friend on her way and hopefully gets her insurance payout, her insurance company should deal with her directly.
Every choice the player makes, big or small, determines the fate of each character in unexpected ways. Whether it succeeds or fails depends on entire gameplay decisions: Anu’s worldview touting more than weapons, Octavio’s dreams of fame and fortune, and Fran’s ruthless plans for revenge. Only by playing can players fully understand how their decisions can change the Borderlands.
A new story from Borderlands Available worldwide on October 21, 2022 on Steam and the Epic Games Store for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Pre-order now to get the Adventure Capital Pack featuring Anu, Octavio, and Fran cosmetics, 10,000 in-game currency, and the in-game FL4K Vaultlander collection!*
ESRB rating of A new story from Borderlands I’m a mature M. For screenshots, key art, and other visual assets, visit newsroom.2k.com.
For assets and additional information about 2K’s entire gaming portfolio, please visit newsroom.2k.com.
An online account (13+) is required to access online features. See www.take2games.com/legal and www.take2games.com/privacy for more information.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
*Pre-orders are available until October 20, 2022. DIGITAL PRE-ORDER: The Adventure Capital Pack will be delivered via the game at launch. PHYSICAL PRE-ORDER: Adventure Capital Packs are delivered via a code in a box redeemable in-game. Terms apply.
# # #