USWNT vs. Nigeria – International Friendly
date: September 3, 2022
venue: Children’s Mercy Park.Kansas City, Kansas
Airtime: 1:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM CT
Official kick-off time: 1:30 PM ET / 12:30 PM CT
Start of XI vs Nigeria: 1-Alyssa Naeher; 3-Alana Cook, 4-Becky Sauerbrunn (Captain), 8-Sofia Huerta, 9-Mallory Pugh, 10-Lindsey Horan, 11-Sophia Smith, 13-Alex Morgan, 16-Rose Ravel, 17 – Andy Sullivan, 19 – Emily Fox
Available Subs: 2- Ashley Sanchez, 5- Haley Mace, 6- Savannah DeMelo, 7- Ashley Hatch, 12- Naomi Gilma, 14- Sam Coffey, 15- Megan Rapinoe, 18- Casey Murphy, 20- Taylor Cornick, 21- Aubrey Kingsbury, 22- Christy Muse, 23- Midge Peirce
game notes | | 5 Things You Need to Know – Nigeria
- USWNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Sauerbrunn (208), Morgan (197), Horan (117), Neyer (84), Ravel (79), Pugh (79), Sullivan (33), Smith (22), Huerta (20), Fox (18) , Cook (15)
- The starting line-up for Saturday’s match against Nigeria is the same as the Conca Cafe W Championship Final vs Canada’s XI on July 17. It will be the first time in his 2022 season that the United States has used the same starting lineup in back-to-back games.
- Today’s starting lineup averages 78 caps per player, with three players – Sauerbrunn, Morgan and Rapinoe – with over 100 caps. Four players, Smith, Huerta, Fox and Cook, have less than his 25 cap count.
- Only the four players who participated in this Starting XI made it into the USWNT’s match against Nigeria in June 2021. Nahar, Sauerbrunn and Horan all played against the Super Falcons, with Morgan coming on as a second-half substitute in his 2–0 win against Nigeria. American.
- Becky Sauerbrunn She scores 208 and captains America againth career cap. In 2014 and 2015 he played for FC Kansas City where he won two of his NWSL Championships with Sauerbrunn. The 37-year-old Sauerbrunn led the United States in the Concacaf W Championship, where he played 360 minutes and led a goalless defense. tournament.
- After keeping a clean sheet against Canada in the CWC final on July 18, Alyssa Nahar She’s set to make her 84, so she gets the first nod againth USWNT international appearances. Nahar recorded 49 all-time shutouts against Nigeria, making him just one clean sheet to become the third goalkeeper in USWNT history to complete his 50-plus shutouts.
- Alana Cook will be 11th Beginning of the year she earns 15th Cap the whole thing with USWNT. Cook is leading the United States in 2022 with 836 total appearances, and he has played the full 90 minutes in seven of his 10 appearances so far this year.
- Emily Fox set to win her 18th Career cap when she makes 10th Appearance – and 10th Start – year. Fox, who came out today against Nigeria, has appeared in 13 of his 16 games for the USA since his FIFA run in October 2021, during which he has started 12.
- Lindsey Horan She scored 117 and will make her ninth start in 2022th career cap. She and Sophia Smith were the only U.S. players to start every match in the Conca Cafe Her W Her Championship, and Horan finished the tournament playing her third-most minutes. Since the start of 2020, Horan has made 38 appearances for the USA national team and has been directly involved in 21 goals, with 13 goals and she has eight assists.
- Sofia Huerta make her 20th She made three consecutive starts, the longest streak of her USWNT career. Huerta played the full 90 minutes in America’s semi-final victory over Costa Rica at Conca Cafe in her championship match, before again going the distance in the final against Canada. Huerta was one of her four American players to appear in all CWC games.
- Rose Ravel make her 79th International appearances as she makes her 10th Lavelle was named in the best XI of the Concacaf W Championship along with Alex Morgan, Becky Sauerbrunn and Naomi Girma, pulling what proved to be the game-winning penalty in the final against Canada.she has He has been directly involved in nine goals in America’s last nine games, scoring three goals and adding six assists.
- After collecting the Golden Ball honors at the Conca Cafe W Championship, Alex Morgan She scored 197, making her seventh appearance this yearth USWNT carrier cap. Morgan decided the winner of the match against Canada in the CWC final. gave a total of 164 goals and assists for the United States, alongside Tiffany Milbrett, the fifth-best all-time USWNT all-time best.
- Mallory Pugh she scores 79th Career cap by the time she turns 11th Start and 12th Compete in the 2022 USWNT. With 7 assists for the year, he is second in scoring with 6 goals. His 24-year-old Pugh has scored 24 international goals and he has 27 assists, just turning 18.th A player with 25+ goals and 25+ assists in USWNT history, a feat he accomplished before he turned 25.
- Sophia Smith would make her team high 12th Earlier this year as she earned 22nd career cap. The 22-year-old Smith leads the United States with his seven goals, most recently against Jamaica on July 7 when he scored twice in a 5-0 win.
- Andy Sullivan I plan to make her 33 years oldrd Started four consecutive USWNT games and qualified for international competition. Sullivan started in four of his five games for the United States at the Conca Cafe W Championship, and his 769 total minutes played in 2022 was his second on the team.
- Two players on today’s 23-man roster (midfielders Sam Coffey and Savannah DeMelo) have yet to feature in the United States’ game.If any player takes action against Nigeria, she gets her 250th Women earning USWNT caps.