Cleveland, Ohio – Doodled in a notebook as Brown’s Trail in Pittsburgh on 14-13.
1. Pittsburgh took a different approach to attacking the Cleveland defense. In the first half, the Steelers ran for 88 yards 16 times. Pittsburgh scored on a 1-yard run by mentor Mitch Trubisky and a 5-yard run by Nagy Harris.
2. Trubisky gained 109 yards on 9-of-13 passes. He connected with George Pickens for a 36-yard catch. This is an eye-popping one-handed grab from a newcomer at Georgia Tech.
3. Jacoby Brissett played strongly in the first half. He had 134 yards and 2 TDs on 16 of 22 passes. He appeared to be playing against the Jets on Sunday.
4. The Browns eventually incorporated tight end David Joku into their offense. He recorded his seven catches for his 69 yards. Amari Cooper caught 35 yards on four passes.
5. Welcome to Cleveland. Rookie kicker Cade Yorke missed the extra run in the Browns’ 31-30 loss to the Jets last Sunday. In the second quarter, his extra-point attempt hit the uprights and missed. He connected on his extra point early in the game.
6. The Browns opened with Jack Conklin at right tackle, the veteran’s first play of the season. he was inactive. Veteran Chester Rogers took the place.
7. The Browns collapsed on special teams when Corey Bojorquez’s punt was partially blocked by Pittsburgh’s Miles Killebrew, who only flew 25 yards. This gave Pittsburgh the ball at his 48-yard line in Cleveland. The Steelers picked up the first down. They set up his 49-yard field, which Chris his Boswell missed.
8. In the first quarter, Brissett picked up a first down on a 4-and-1 situation. He is 6ft 4in 235lbs and very strong.
9. Blissette’s QB sneak to keep the drive. Nick Chubb unleashed a 36-yard rumble that broke at least three tackles. Brissett then hit Amari Cooper with a 12-yard TD laser pass. Chubb got 54 yards on six carries in the first quarter.
More Browns coverage
Coach under pressure adds more meaning to Browns vs. Steelers game – Terry Pluto’s pregame doodle
NFL Quarterback Power Rankings: Comparison of Jacoby Brissett, Joe Burrow and Mitch Trubisky since Week 2
How the Browns Use Bill Belichick’s Game Plan to Beat the Steelers: Movie Review
Why Kareem Hunt should play the big game when Browns face Steelers: Ashley Busstock
Did Mike Pleafer make the Browns special teams better or not?
Browns vs. Steelers: Thursday Night Football Game Previews, Prop Bets, Game Picks: Orange and Brown Talk
Why David Njoku will score a touchdown for the Browns Thursday night: Dan Labbe
Browns vs. Steelers: Thursday Night Football Picks
Avoiding the turnover trap and two things to watch for in Thursday Night Football’s Browns vs. Steelers
On Myles Garrett and Booing, Nick Chubb and Scoring, Player-Only Meetings and More: The Browns’ Take on Mary Kay Cabot
Watch Nick Chubb, Jacoby Brissett, Amari Cooper and the rest of the Browns discuss the Steelers game
Myles Garrett, Joel Bitonio and Jack Conklin are all set to face the Steelers Thursday night due to injuries
Joe Haden has signed a one-day contract to retire with the Browns.Awarded for this season’s game