After months of rumors, Apple announced new iPhone models, the Apple Watch 8 and AirPods Pro, this month. All four iPhone 14 models have improved emergency collision detection and satellite communications. Also, iOS 16 has been released. Tap or click here to see your favorite new iOS features.
The 14 Pro’s always-on mode, 48MP camera, and dynamic interactive notch make it a favorite choice for Apple fans. If you already have one or are waiting for it to arrive, we have some bad news for you.
People with iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max models report camera issues when using certain third-party apps. It looks bad when a company’s flagship product has flaws. Get the full story and fix it right below.
People have reported serious issues on social media that they encountered while using social media on their iPhone 14 Pro. How ironic.
When you use third-party apps like Snapchat, TikTok, and Instagram, your phone’s rear camera shakes audibly. The result is unstable videos and photos.
Camera noise is clearly audible in the video posted by Twitter user @LukeMiani. If you look closely, he can see one of the lenses vibrating.
The optical image stabilization technology seems to be the problem. It is designed to stabilize the camera to get clear images while on the move.
Related: Turn on new security features for iPhone and Android
Apple released iOS 16.0.2 to fix the camera and address even more issues. Here are some things that the update resolves:
- Fixed an issue where the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max would vibrate the camera when shooting in some third-party apps.
- The display no longer appears black during device setup.
- Avoid frequent copy and paste permission prompts when moving items between apps.
- Fixed an issue where VoiceOver became unavailable after a reboot.
- Addresses an issue that causes touch input to become unresponsive on some iPhone X, iPhone XR, and iPhone 11 displays after repair.
This update is available for all iPhones compatible with iOS 16, including iPhone 8 and newer models.
Tap to get updates. Settings > General > Software Update > Download & InstallEnter your passcode to start the download.
A genius trick to find the message you’re looking for in seconds
What really happens when you unsend, edit, or delete a text in iOS 16