If you own a Samsung phone and are tired of the usual caller screen, the recent One UI update has something refreshing in store for you. A new change allows you to change the background of your incoming calls with your desired photo or video to give your incoming calls a new look. Read on as we show you 4 easy ways to change the call background on your Samsung phone.
Change Background Photo, Video for Incoming Calls on Samsung Phones
Beyond extending the keyboard and disabling the edge panel, Samsung has introduced an in-app feature that lets you change the background of incoming calls by replacing them with your favorite photo or video. This adds another personalized touch to your phone, which makes it even more interesting.
Change incoming call background from Samsung phone settings
You can change the incoming call background on your Samsung device by visiting the Phone app settings. Method is as follows.
1. go to phone app On your Samsung phone, tap three dots icon to open phone settings.
2. Then tap call background Select an option to background button Click to change.
3. Choose from preset photo and video options, or “+ icon” Click to add from the gallery.
Note: The maximum video duration is 15 seconds. So choose a video that fits within 15 seconds. If your video is long, check out our guide to trimming videos in Google Photos.
Four. moreover, Set as call background Click the button to apply the selected photo/video as incoming call background. You can also use the sound from the selected video as your device’s ringtone by activating the toggle. Use video sound as ringtone.
that’s it! You have successfully changed the incoming call background on your Samsung phone using the Phone app settings.
Change the background of incoming calls by changing the layout
Another nifty way to change the incoming call background on your Samsung phone is by changing the layout. In this way, you can control the amount and style of information displayed on the called party’s screen. Method is as follows.
1. go to call background Tap Settings within the Phone app layout button It’s in the lower left corner.
2. Then you can change your incoming call screen by choosing from predefined layouts. Switching to a different layout will change the style of caller information displayed with each profile picture.
Record and set your own video as incoming call background
In addition to the photo and video options available for incoming calls, Samsung allows you to set your own recorded video on the caller’s screen. Method is as follows.
1. Expanding Call background settings Tap. + icon It’s in the upper right corner.
2. Then tap Select from gallery Select the option to select the desired recording video to use as background for incoming calls. Selected videos are 15 seconds interval.
3. At the end, Set as call background Click the button to apply it to your device.
Create an AR emoji for your incoming call screen
With a new update, Samsung introduced the ability to create Augmented Reality (AR) emojis. You can use it to create animated versions of yourself or anyone you like. Then you can use it to personalize the look of incoming calls on your phone. Follow these steps to create using your Samsung device.
1. open Call background settings Tap. + icon It’s in the upper right corner.
2. Then tap Create with AR Emoji Click the button and follow the onscreen steps to start creating a new AR emoji.
3. You can use existing emojis using existing emojis gallery photo or made with camera Option to capture a new image using your phone.
Four. Additionally, customize your emoji using the available options, save button Create and apply as background for incoming calls. that’s it. Every time you receive an incoming call, you will now see an AR emoji on your screen.
BONUS TIP: Use a free third-party app to change your Android phone’s incoming background
In addition to native app settings, you can also install a free third-party tool to change the background of incoming calls on any Android device. Call Screen Themes is one of the notable apps that allows you to customize the incoming call background in many ways. Follow these steps to try this app on your device.
1. Install the Call Screen Theme- Caller Show app on your Android device and give it the required permissions.
2. Then choose from different incoming call screens and tap to select.
3. At the end, Activate button Apply the selected call background to your Android phone.
Four. Congrats! You have successfully changed the incoming call background using the Call Screen Theme app.you can also start test call Check the look and feel after applying the changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to remove call background on Samsung?
A: To remove the existing call background on your Samsung device, three dots icon Press remove background Option to remove it.
Q: Where are the background settings on Samsung devices?
A: must tap three dots icon Click in the upper right corner of the Phone app to access its settings.Here you can easily find the following options call backgroundFor easy customization, please refer to the steps above in this description.
Summary: Personalize Your Samsung Smartphone
Now, we have explained 5 ways to change the incoming call background with your desired photo or video on your Samsung phone. If you learned something new through this guide, hit the like button and share. Check out other helpful tips linked below and stay tuned for more informative tutorials.
You may be interested in:
You can also follow us for instant tech news. google news Or join us for tips & tricks, smartphone & gadget reviews GadgetsToUse Telegram groupsor to subscribe to the latest review videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.