Feature-length gameplay videos and new character trailers give fans a deeper look into the bombastic cinematic adventure led by a lovable cast of underdogs.
At the Gearbox Showcase at PAX West today, 2K and Gearbox Software unveiled expanded gameplay for New Tales from the Borderlands, a standalone, choice-based, interactive narrative adventure set in the Borderlands universe. . An exciting character trailer has also been released, giving players a deeper glimpse into his three lovable losers that they will control throughout their adventure.
New Tales from the Borderlands is developed by Gearbox Software. Gearbox Software has partnered with key alumni from the original Telltale Games narrative team to create an all-new story. This spiritual successor continues its bold sense of adventure and storytelling with a stand-alone story full of heartwarming emotions, a new cast and classic Borderlands humor.
In newly released gameplay footage, fans will be led through a deep and raucous cinematic adventure as the ruthless corporations of the Borderlands, powerful space-altering Vault technology, and three civilians collide. You can taste it for the first time. Highlights include:
- Every Choice MattersEvery choice you make can affect how the story unfolds, often in unexpected ways. Only by playing the game can you see how your decisions will change Borderlands. You can fully understand what is possible.
- Effects of Quick Time eventsThe success or failure of a QTE has a tangible impact on the adventure, sometimes leading to premature conclusions or shaping the story in unexpected ways.
- immersive visualsIn addition to stunning environments, New Tales from the Borderlands utilizes greatly improved movement and facial animations, and is the first Borderlands title to use performance capture and facial mapping techniques.
To learn more about the main characters of New Tales from the Borderlands, check out the new character trailer featuring the altruistic scientist Anu, her ambitious and “streetwise” brother Octavio, and the ferocious, frog-wielding Fran .
- Anuradha Dahr: Anuradha (Anu) may be uncomfortable in social situations, but he has no problem solving problems. Anu can see complex calculations and probabilities, and can solve puzzles using tech glasses. It dreams of a world where you don’t have to kill anyone to succeed.
- Octavio Wallace Dahl: Anu’s adopted son, Octavio, may be too busy with himself. According to him, he is Meridian City’s most popular citizen and has a long list of contacts to back it up. His ability to access information is unmatched! Octavio’s big break yet Not coming, but he desperately wants to own a business and make a lot of cash.
- Fran Miskowitz: Fran brings all the action from his gadget-filled hoverchair. Fran’s Froglt her shop has been attacked with Maliwan lasers and is moving towards revenge on those who destroyed her shop. She will do nothing to protect her friends on her way and hopefully receive a large insurance payout or her insurance company will have to deal with her directly.
Every choice the player makes, big or small, determines the fate of each character in unexpected ways. Whether it succeeds or fails depends on entire gameplay decisions: Anu’s worldview touting more than weapons, Octavio’s dreams of fame and fortune, and Fran’s ruthless plans for revenge. Only by playing can players fully understand how their decisions can change the Borderlands.
New Tales from the Borderlands will be available worldwide on October 21, 2022 on Steam and Epic Games Store for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC Become. Pre-order now to get the Adventure Capital Pack featuring Anu, Octavio, and Fran cosmetics, 10,000 in-game currency, and the in-game FL4K Vaultlander collection!
New Tales from the Borderlands has an ESRB rating of M for Mature.